- Broaden your vocabulary.
- Fuck fame or being noticed.
- Show everyone what you write, personal or not.
- Put yourself into whatever you're writing, not someone else.
- Stop trying to be Shakespeare.
- Don't use "Tis'" or "Thee" or any of that shit.
- Don't force yourself to write; actually have inspiration.
- Play the "Aesop Rock Word Game" (Directions at bottom)
- Try envisioning what you're writing like a movie/music video.
- Draw pictures corresponding to what you wrote.
- Having a special writing name is optional faggot.
- Shitty poetry is gold poetry.
- Karma exists.
- Stop writing shitty poetry.
- Don't listen to shitty music.
- Listen to all types of music.
- Explore the world of music and art in general.
- Take long walks around your town; music suggested but optional.
- Learn to dance in any sort of setting; whether it be your basement or the middle of the mall.
- Learn to not give a fuck.
- Give all the fucks in the world.
- Talk shit.
- Remember; a bad situation will only make an amazing piece of writing.
- Don't listen to your English teachers; only Creative Writing teachers.
- Teach yourself your own style.
- Stop stealing other people's flow.
- But use a combination of other people's flow until you find yours.
Aesop Rock Word Game
Players; 2-4/However many you think you can do.
NOTE; All words are game, even names, places, slang terms, everything.
Have one person choose a letter from the alphabet, then the other person has to say three words using that letter (If using more than 2 players; person who chose the letter gets the choose who has to say the three words, then the person who said the three words gets to choose the next person and letter). The game ends when either you do the whole alphabet or one person can't think of three words.
Any word is game,
Names of people,